Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost track of vacuum line- what sensor is this where do the vacuum lines go?

Hey........ 1995 SC2 engine/transmission swap into 1995 SW2

Getting ready to put the donor motor into my car and I lost track of where the vacuum lines go. Back of the motor below the intake manifold (bolted to the block). Has a pair of vacuum lines from sensor/solenoid?- one goes to maybe the throttle body. Other goes to what? Uploaded pics to IMGUR cause I'm not that smooth with the forums yet.

https://imgur.com/a/mq37rUS

I searched through electrical diagrams and keep searching diff sensors online but not seeing the right one. Not finding a clear enough picture of the vacuum diagrams to wrap my head around.

Any help appreciated.

Might have bit off a little more than I could chew with this project. Also:

looped power steering lines/removed pump/pulley
    removed heater core
    removed coolant bottle
    removed idler pulley for new belt routing. Used 52.25" belt but prob should change to a 53" as the 52 and 1/4" was a bear to get on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured it out. Cleaned the old part off and it has the serial number. Its the vapor canister purge solenoid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be a hose that comes off the fire wall and connects to the purge solenoid. The other end of the purge goes to that clip of vacuum lines that is on the throttle body. If I remember correctly, you want the hose that is just in front of the throttle plate. The hose that is behind the throttle plate goes to the fuel pressure regulator.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.