Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm building my ms2 3.0. I have questing about the board .

Q16. Do I need that ignition advance chip. I've been searching all over even posted it on Facebook. No dancers so I'm comming to the source where u guys could assist me . I figured out the iac jumpers on the back of the board and is the js8 and and js6 Necessary. I need some help I'm going to up pics for u guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My camera won't take pic at a low grad the website is saying loading failed. I think the reverlotion is too much

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would install q16. It is part of the high current ignition driver. If you choose use it for something it will still be there. If you don't want to use to you can simply pull the 5v signal off the board before the high current driver and use it to run an ignition control module for something that is low current.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank u s.bretz. my kit didnt come with one. But it cam with extra nylon screws and merc. I'm going order one this week. Do u think I would need that extra sensor to run knock. I use knock quit a bit in tunning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never used the knock box. It can't hurt to have it though. The most current knock bo x that diy autotune has is for ms3 only though.
    Last edited by S.Bretz; 03-06-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I emailed them about that. Sence I have the ms2 v3.0. On the msextra build forms. It was saying the v3.0 board would be able to use it. If I cant well shit. Lol. Knock and a eg reader helps me tune with spark. Iv blown motors with a miss math calculation and pressing a button. I hope these guys could help or clear things up. I'm only running a t3 63 trim endorser and .5 out the wastgate is set at 7psi. I went with a 2.5 intercooler kit. And I'm modding a gsi turbo header. Do u think I would have any issues with my motor getting to hot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a difference the MS2 daughter card and the MS3 daughter card. Both plug into the v3.0 motherboard on the 40 pin socket...but they are not the same. The knock box says it solders to the MS3 daughter card....if you don't have that (because you have the MS2 daughter card) then I'm not sure if it will work.

You can tune without it. Just use normal sense in tuning it. Set the max timing to 30 degrees at the torque peak at 101kpa and then use 1 degree of retard for every pound of boost you add and you will be safe. A more aggressive rule of thumb is to pull 3 degrees of timing for every 5 pounds of boost.
    With ultra conservative tuning at 7psi.. have 23 degrees timing at peak torque and then hold that number until redline. With the 3 for 5 rule you would have about 25-26 degrees at peak torque and hold that until redline.
    Once you get some dyno time you can run in timing advance a degree at a time. If you should pick up 5ish WHP per degree advance easily if it is too low. If you get an increase of..say 3WHP per degree advance then pull the timing back to when it made the last increase of 5WHP per degree advance and leave it there...that would be the safe place to leave it for every day use without a knock sensor.
    Note: if you have the timining really conservative, you can expect to see 10-15WHP per degree of timing advance on the dyno.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to be fun tune. Thanks s.Brets. that info is vary helpful. This should be enough info for me to get started on the build. Thank u agian bro. Oh so DIY said that that q16 isn't necessary for or our cars. They told me that just need to run 5v wasted spark. Lol. I think I'm going to take ur word on this s.bretz. unless u think I should try wasted spark.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stock system is a wasted spark system. Obd1 needs a low current driver to contol the icm. Obd2 needs two high current drivers to con the coils individually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to really understand this system. I knew most 4 cylinder run wasted spark. I didnt really know that we had to mod our boards with that. Now I do. I did alote of research last night on our stock systems and the ms2 board. I think I know now what mods i need now. Thank agian s.brets. sorry to bug u

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't be sorry...that is what the message forums are for.