Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasted spark jumpers 3.0v

Guys I feel dumb witch one do I use I know we run a high current. But I'm lost what jumper setup I useScreenshot_20190403-003013_Chrome.jpg
    Or this oneScreenshot_20190404-085257_Chrome.jpg
    Help. I feel dumb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all depends... what ignition system are you going to use?
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stock ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to get my satty running on Ms first then I'll mess around with cop later. I'm about to order parts and I know I'm going to need some board parts resistors and the q16 chip just need to know witch one I jumper setup in need to go off of so I can get the right supply

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say stock ignition but then mention COP. Those are two different things and two different configurations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is needed for cop conversion. Besides the ms ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cop takes alote. I would have wire my board to run 4 cyl logic spark and I would be using all 4 ignition inputs individually and run Sequence. Then also I have to bypass the cam shaft sensor input to use the vr. I'm still reading about what people have done. This is all I know sofar. I do know Aaron on here has done it but he runs ms2 pro. But other then that I'm just going t on run stock ignition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S.brets I'm just going to run stock ignition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You avatar looks like it is a 96+. You will need a two coil drivers to control both of the coils.
    Tristanlee did a mod years ago where he opened up a stock OBD2 ignition module and modified it to control both coils individually. I'm not sure what else did to get it running.
    The easiest way that I know to use "stock" ignition is to convert over to OBD1. The ignition control module under the coil packs receives the crank signal and conditions it...so you get a good clean crank signal input. The the MS would go to the EST circuit to control it advance signal. You will need to install a 1k ohm resistor inline on this wire to have it work correctly.... without the resistor the spark advance will get wonky in the upper rpm (5k-7k).

When you do this though your tach will not work. You can try to split the signal between the stock PCM ( the stock PCM controls the tach) and the ICM...though I am not sure how this will work.

If you try to use true COP... you will need to install a cam angle sensor. The stock OBD2 stuff does not have a cam angle sensor. It uses another means to determine when the #1 cylinder is going to fire with an inductive pick-up in the ICM. It probably won't work...no one has tried. You may be able to get it to work but I'm not sure anymore how to make it work so you would be on your own and experimenting with it.
    Last edited by S.Bretz; 04-05-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks s.brets. the guys from DIY was saying to run 5 volt logic wasted spark and it will work but I was think that their will be more then that to get it running. It won't be hard to convert over to obd1. I know where several 95 and under are at. Yeah the cop will be a down the road project. Theirs not much out their on cop. Well cars that run stock cop. But modding it into a car that doesn't. Thanks agian s.brets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah my satty is a 98 sl2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, please confirm what megasquirt you have.

There naming can be bit confusing at first.
    There is a difference between a MS3 and MS 3.0
    In the first example, MS3 is refering to the CPU. Its the 3rd generation of CPU.
    In the second example, the MS 3.0 is a Megasquirt with a version 3.0 printed circuit board (PCB). This is the main board that the CPU and all the resistors are mounted to. It is analogous to motherboard on for computer.

There are 3 versions of the CPU. The old MS processor, the newer MS2 processor and the newest MS3 processor. Each processor faster than the last and has more input/output capabilities.

There are four versions of the PCB. The original v1 (no longer sold). The outdated v2.2 (no longer sold) and the current v3.0 and v3.57. The 3.57, for the most part, is the same as the 3.0 but uses surface mount components that are placed a soldered by a machine. It also has a spot for an extra 15pin connector that can be useful to add things like egt probes or extra VR senors inputs, all stuff that can be added to the v3.0 board too but with a little more creativity when building the circuits

While some of the modifcations are the same between the MS2 and MS3 there can be some differences so make sure you are looking at the correct manual when you are researching.

If you are unsure what CPU you have you can open up the box and look at the processor. Or if you have it wired up already and talking to a computer then it should display at the top of the tuner studio window.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the 3.0 I had to sodder all of the resistors every thing u see the daughter card is on yet cuz I'm not done yet I'm saving that for the vary last thing20190406_202358.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Satty98; 04-06-2019 at 10:38 PM.