User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air struts on 3rd gen Saturns

Hi all,

I've recently been looking into replacing my stock suspension with something different. I was thinking air.
    I've been reading about the Subaru WRX coilover mods and was already considering buying a set until I had another idea.
    I wasn't able to find anything else that was close to what I wanted. Lots of sites selling parts that "fit" but I'm not sure of their quality.

After thinking for awhile, I tried looking around on Air Lift Performance's website for universal kits.
    Suddenly, I remembered that they had kits for Subaru's. I found a set of direct fit air shocks for the 00'-07' WRX's. https://www.airliftperformance.com/product/75552/
    75552_v0_1395864226-770x433.jpg

They look similar the coilovers I've seen on eBay. I'm thinking that I can make these work with a little modification.
    I'm concerned that the corners on the top plates won't clear, but we'll see. I should be able to get my hands on these soon to measure.
    I already have an On-board air system installed in my SC2, and I am upgrading it tomorrow.

They also have a rear kit, so I might try to do a 4-corner auto leveling system.
    Accuair has a great system that uses a custom valve manifold and ECU to automatically adjust the ride height.
    Air Lift performance has a similar system, but isn't as clean looking once installed.

My other problem is finding a reliable way to route airline through-ought the interior.
    I have a PSI gauge installed in my dash, but the airline route to it isn't that clean.
    I plan on getting a digital gauge soon which doesn't require airline to be run to it.

Has anyone else ever tried something like this?
    I think with the right wheels and tires this would be an awesome upgrade for the SC2.

Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kyle has air and his car is currently in my garage. He may consider selling you his current set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking at his build thread. I'm interested in seeing some images of how the suspension is setup. The V2 system is nice as well.
    I would be interested in possibly purchasing some parts, if not the whole leveling and suspension system.