Thread: My wagon build

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wagon build

Hey all!
    Realised that I had never really posted about my wagon and wanted to show it off a little. It's not much, I'm a broke college kid so money for mods and such is sparse. But I've done what I can to it and it's a fun little wagon.

It's a 93 sw2, "custom" exhaust using a Kia sephia (gutted) cat and stock Kia sephia res with the Saturn piping from the res back, no muffler. It is lowered on, eh, "lowering springs"... I have wrx coils that I will be putting on soon, just waiting to have the time free to. Like I said, it isn't much but I love this little wagon.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2. Likes axxer4200 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The front sits a good bit higher than the rear due to shitty lowering springs I used from a civic, and the spring rates differ a good bit. Like I said, I will be installing wrx coilovers soon, just need to find the time to get them in

Resident Electromotive Expert importsdontlikeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boost it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally want to, gotta work up the money first. Probably will go with sohc pistons, forged rods, t3/t4 turbo and ~7-9lbs of boost. My only worry is that this, being my daily, would be unreliable. Other than that I feel like finding someone who would tune it would be difficult.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy a cheap SOHC as a daily.
    FOr 7-9psi, I would stick with the DOHC pistons. As long as the engine is good and not burning a lot of oil you could get a way with a stock engine at 7psi for many of thousand miles with a decent tune. You would probably have more issues with the clutch if you stuck with a stock clutch.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotcha. I thought about going with a stock motor for a while, simply because there are already tunes on this forum that would run the psi I'm looking for, but I also heard that lower compression is safer for boost. Thinking on it now, with the boost levels I'd be running you are correct, it would be fine with the dohc pistons. As for a daily, I still live with my folks and we don't really have room for another car so I'd have to keep the wagon my daily. I probably won't go boosted for a while, but I do want to eventually. Im just waiting until the right time to accommodate for the downtime. (And the funds of course)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also what kind of upgraded clutch options are there for our cars? I've heard an act one mentioned when build it break it garage was boosting Midori, but I haven't seen anything when I've searched for it other than eBay garbage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AN act street disc would be the way to go. ACT may not list them but they did make them for many years. You may have to call or email about them. There is the ceramic puck discs but they are way to aggressive if you plan for only 7psi. They will wear out the flywheel and pressure plate every 30-40k miles due to the friction material. The street disc should get you around 100k miles but has lower holding power...but for only 7 pounds of boost it would be perfect.

On my current setup I when with the OEM style "rag" material due to its longevity. Sure the clutch would hold more if I used the more aggressive material but I will never make those power levels so it is pointless.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.