User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Request ms2 v3

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With boost you may need more single. Be ready to ajust. I got mine stable by tottle of 12 turns. Depending on your build. No one can really say what to to that's why I'm say just be ready. I had a buddy motor my computer wile I was driving. That helped alote. Good luck buddy. If you need more info. I'm on this sight daily. Shoot me a PM

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also. In my experience. Start will low boost like 5psi. Het her running good. Then ajust for higher like 7 to 8. Personally I can street tune up tob10 psi on a Honda. I'm going to try with my 98 sl2 at 8 psi. The motors are touchy. Watch ur torque exspshly if you are running stock internals. This is just a heads up buddy. Iv been told by alote of guys on here to watch my tourqe and to keep my engine as cool as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ow by the way I'm turboing with stock internals but iv done some molding to my head and I am running the twine intake cam setup. Other little mods to keep my satty as cool as possible

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new post didnt post. That's weird. Your welcome. When splat that turbo on. Start will low boost and turn up boost with minor adjustment.
    And u might need to ajust ur vr conditioner agian.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh its on a second page lol. My bad

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathQueeF View Post
    I will definitely check them out but in the meantime i am experiencing sync loss at 2.5-3k rpm, i think this is from my crank sensor not being cleaned up or maybe from me not adding a 1k resistor like i read somewhere before starting this. I took a couple datalogs just now and will try to decipher it
    If you're trying to run VR w/o the VR conditioner you're going to want to drive the car over your skull before you're done. Get the VR conditioner http://www.jbperf.com/dual_VR/v2_1.html
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The VR conditioner will save you having to mess around with adjusting the POTs until you get the right setting.

The 1k ohm resistor is for OBD1 on the adv signal only....not on the crank sensor input.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i only have a 1lb spring in and it ran great except boost doesnt kick in till around 4krpm, my turbo is way too big. Any suggestions on what a good size turbo would be. Im running a sohc all stock everything, i only want 5-8psi but i want it spoolin around 2.5k. Current turbo is a ebay .63ar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also want to add that with a total of 8 turns i had 0 lost sync events up to limiter at 5.5k

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not bad for low boost. A t28 probably be better for a sohc. Its rear to to see a single cam boosted. I have a dohc and I'm running a .63ar. To .53 . Just dont go high boost with those turbos. Their good starters. Their are some good ones out their. But for 200 more you can get a turbonetic. From what I was told about our cars is you want the turbo to kick in at 3 to 4k. It give you a buffer zone for your rods. Our stock rods are strong but not strong enough. To me froge is only a buffer zone. Even thow you can throw more at it. Have you been to turbosaturn.net. .. sc2sick has alote of his info on here but the sight does have more. It's still up and going. Look up 220 or bust. And eans turbo facks. theirs alote of info on that sight. If your a researcher. It is a dead sight just to let you know but the info is damn good. the osg guy. Original Saturn God. If you find his page. I swear he gets his info here and off of turbosaturn.net. plus his sight is more of a biography about home then anything elce.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screenshot_20190724-214357_Gallery.jpg
    You have more room than I do. I havent took any new pics yet. But that was a test slap in to see how much room I have and what size of fans I can fit plus I'm building my down spout
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so i may have exaggerated when i said boost comes in at 4k, looking at logs it started at 2.6k and built to 1.2psi at 3k and thats all the boost my tractor supply spring has. so i guess this turbo will work well with the rite spring.
    I have my fan on the front of the radiator and behind the intercooler, it gave me alot more room for activity's. this car was very easy to fit everything on, like it was meant to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that she has been reborn its time for a name and im going with Starla. S class Turbo and saturns early milestone cARLA.... its perfect

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your turbo doesn't come with a adjustable wastegate. 8psi should be a fun ride if you look for a better spring. 6psi will be a good all day daily

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put in another spring and it's giving me 5.4psi and it feels n sounds good, i can really feel when it kicks in now. 5psi should be good for a daily, im running super fat right now so im sure when i lean it out a bit she will rip. She also makes nice flutter noises so i couldnt be happier with this build
    I also want to add for anybody that might be referencing this in the future that my idle problem with it changing every startup has been solved by turning the stepper to always on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12