Close

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd attempt: Hi, so let me try to do an awkward hello.

So uh Hi, My Saturn is an SL1 2002 it's a hand-me-down from mom, very hard to complain about the price.

I'm not into exterior mods but I do like modernizing the interior for making the car unique to me. It started with putting a new head unit in and now I can watch Netflix with decent sound. I also tend to have too many gadgets charging from the car, later I find out that my wiring gremlin is #03-08-45-001 (For Gen 3 it's F-2). In English I overloaded the wire and the connector was a bit crispy. Which put me on an adventure to add solar toy battery. I can run all the toys I want and if I drain it dead the car won't be affected.

As an additional side mission I'm slowly converting all the interior lights to LED, I've already done it to the thermostat controls with sky blue and I'd say it looks dang near professional. Those of you with an electrical engineering degree, you don't want to see the solder job. It works, but it's ugly. Although I did learn that incandescent bulbs that I took out where called "grain of wheat"

As for the question that brought me to this forum is, I want to add an Aura steering wheel with radio controls, is it compatible electrically to an 2002 SL1 model?

I figure if I can feasibly do a swap I can have hardwired controls that don't look like tacky add-ons.

EDIT: Tried posting earlier but doesn't seem to have been accepted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moderators, of course after posting this I find the navigation menu that shows me exactly what I was looking for. Not sure how to delete this double post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    closed as duplicate
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax